Looking For Something To Do?
- The cabins are at the 3800' level on the slope of Mt. Hood in Summit Meadow plateau, and are one and a half miles from Government Camp, Mt. Hood's highest village. They are at the base of Multorpor Mountain (Skibowl East Mountain).
- From the cabin door, hike to the top of Multorpor Mountain for the most exquisite view of Mt. Hood and its U-shaped glacial canyons, Trillium Lake, Mt. Jefferson and the Three Sisters.
- Hike to Skibowl East's summertime Alpine Slide. Walk or drive to Trillium Lake for swimming, fishing, rafting, sailboating, barbequing and wildlife watching.
- Take an excursion on the Mt. Hood Railroad.
- Drive seven miles to Timberline and take the Palmer chairlift for summer downhill skiing. Take the mile chairlift for the most spectacular above Timberline sight-seeing. Allow time for a leisurely guided tour of National Historic Timberline Lodge led by a U.S. Forest Service Guide.
- For an historic adverture, follow the pioneer Old Oregon Trail (Barlow Trail) that passes 500 feet from the cabins. Still visible are deeply cut wagon ruts, pioneer names carved on rocks and brow logs.
- All of Mt. Hood's downhill ski areas are within 10 miles. The closest is a mile and a half away. Cross Country skiing trails surround Barlow Trail Cabin.
- Golfing is 14 miles away. Windsurfing on the Columbia River at Hood River is an hour's drive, as is the Warms Springs Indian Reservation's famous Kahneeta Resort.
- A base for climbing Mt. Hood and for hiking breathtaking scenic view
trails such as the around the mountain trail at Timberline. Ride on a
major mountain biking trail which passes close to the cabins.
Indoor Barlow Cabin Activities
- Barlow cabin is stocked with indoor activities geared towards kids and adults alike. After snow play, come inside to warm your toes by the wood stove and enjoy a cozy game of cards or Sorry!
- Bring your iPod and connect to the iHome audio player to fill the cabin with your favorite music.
- Stream video to your devices with the cabin's wi-fi connection.
- Kids will enjoy creating with the cabin's craft supplies. Collect items from the woods and make bark boats, leaf sleds, and many other fun crafty projects. Let your imagination run wild and may the fastest mini snowman win the leaf sled races!
- Relax and warm up after snow play while you enjoy movies from the cabin's DVD collection, or bring your favorites from home.